Table of Contents
If you've ever learned about LoanPro's database, you might have thought it sounded perfect. Quick access to your data, custom queries that can pull exactly what you want, and an output that works well with all your third-party analytic tools. But as you learned more, you probably found out that it also requires a lot of technical work and know-how.
But with our new Data on Demand tool, even lenders with little to no technical expertise can get access to their data, as quick and direct as if they'd built a full connection. This article will explain the gist of how it works, and then Using Data on Demand will give you the specific instructions of how to get started.
Here's how it works:
- You work with your success specialist to decide which queries you'll use.
- The system will automatically query the full LMS database, gathering data from the loans, customers, and other entities in your tenant.
- We send you an encrypted .csv file with the results of your query. You can then use the data for whatever you'd like.
And it's as simple as that. No writing queries, no UI pages or API calls, and—most importantly—no sweat.
Where Does Data on Demand Fit?
Data on Demand was designed with smaller lenders in mind. A traditional database connection takes time, effort, and considerable skill to configure, and companies without a dedicated tech team won't be able to manage it. But with Data on Demand, you'll be able to get your data without the difficulty of querying the database yourself.
It's worth remembering, however, that this is a lite version of LoanPro's database tools. If you have the technical capability to connect to the database directly, that would allow you greater access to your data.
This Feature is Not
Let's take a second to clear up some possible misunderstandings about Data on Demand:
- Data on Demand is not a separate database. It's a simpler way of querying the database, but those queries all go to the same full database as a normal request.
- Data on Demand is not a UI feature. Much like the full database, this feature exists outside of the LMS UI. You can't log in and press the Database button, because there isn't one. It all happens on the system's backend and is delivered to you outside of LoanPro.
- Data on Demand is not available to PSaaS clients. We anticipate that most clients using Data on Demand will be smaller clients without the technical staff who could manage their own database connection. PSaaS clients are large enough that they will want to have their own connection using more than the five queries we provide through Data on Demand.
From here, you're next step should probably be Using Data on Demand, where we'll explain what your options are and how to get started.
And if you're not familiar with how databases work, we recommend reading two articles: How the Database Works explains the structure of a database and how queries work, and then Intro to the LoanPro Database explores our own database.